Islamist terrorists backed by Pakistan left the nation devastated when they attacked Mumbai in 2008, better known as the 26/11 attacks, as many as 195 people were killed in these attacks. 176 people died in other attacks in the same year bringing the total to 366 people to have died outside Jammu and Kashmir.
There are some unseen images of the NSG commandos who came to the rescue of people who were trapped during these attacks. Lets have a look at them.
1. NSG commandos were air-dropped in Hotel Taj building during the 26/11 attacks. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had last year expressed his grief over the attacks saying that the incident still gives endless pains.
2. NSG commandos break the doors of one of the rooms in the Hotel during the attack.
3. Ten terrorists of Lashkar-e-Taiba carried out these terror attacks in multiple locations in Mumbai which left 400 people injured. NSG commandos, police officers and some foreigners were also amongst the people who were dead in these attacks.
4. This photo is of an NSG commando in action in the hotel room during the Mumbai attacks.
5. 9 out of 10 terrorists were killed by security forces in the operations while one of them, Ajmal Kasab, was arrested.
6. Ajmal Kasab was hanged to death in Yerwada jail in Pune after his trial in 2012 for his involvement in the terrorist attacks.
7. Here the commandos used explosives to break down a portion of the wall of Hotel Taj.
8. NSG also had their sniffer dogs in action during these terrorist attacks.